This technique produces a shimmering iridescent glaze that changes colour depending on the light emitted in the room. Metallic elements such as silver and copper are added to the firing process to give the pendant its individual charm. No two pieces are exactly the same, which adds to the design's unique beauty and universal appeal. When the light is switched on a vibrant copper interior adds a warm glow to the room.
The Chatterley wall light was created by Lyngard in 2017 with the idea of making beautiful lights that would be handed down through the generations, a light that was to be unique and cherished.
The finish was important, a recipe that was handed down through the family to create one of a kind pieces. It took Lyngard a few years to master the technique, building a unique kiln and and using specialist gases to help create the effects with lots of trial and error.
Now the Chatterley wall light is sold to interior designers and architects from all over the world to add a touch of unique elegance to projects.
Here are some additional details about the Lyngard Chatterley wall light:
- Made by hand in Stoke-on-Trent, England using fine bone china.
- Uses a specialist technique known as reduction firing to produce a shimmering iridescent glaze
- Metallic elements such as silver and copper are added to the firing process to give the pendant its individual charm
- No two pieces are exactly the same
- When the light is switched on a vibrant copper interior adds a warm glow to the room
- Perfect for any room in your home
- A great choice for adding a touch of luxury and style to your décor
Weight : approx 1 to 1.5 kg
- Dimensions : Medium - height 210 mm width 170 mm, Large - height 360 mm width 200 mm
- All our lamp holders are manufactured in the UK under the BS EN ISO 9001 registration, which ensures our customers can rely on our consistent quality.
- Which bulb? At Lyngard we recommend using an E27 (UK/EU) or E26 (US/Canada) LED screw bulb with a maximum wattage of 15. - equivalent to an old style bulb of 100 wattage. Please note we do not provide light bulbs with this fixture.